Friday, November 13, 2009

Dates!

So I haven't really dated in a while. Ok so I don't ever really date––and I mean EVER!!!! But what am I going to do? Go out! Obviously. But what if I don't usually go out and I am just a closet nerd that likes to stay home watching telenovelas all day and day dream about kooky stuff like the perfect guy with perfect hair and some really good pizza. Random I know but that's just me.


Random thoughts have occurred to me about actually dating. Speed dating has been suggested and then I think to myself "am I desperate? Should I be desperate?" I really don't know right now. Then there is also the incognito form of dating which is, are you ready? ONLINE DATING!!!! That's what the commercials advertise day & night. Join match.com and find someone for you or try eharmony...


With online dating there are lesser worries because for some reason people seem to drop their guards when chatting with a person that they don't know and doesn't know them . It's like people put their hopes in and inhibitions out to have a conversation with a person that like them has expectations of finding their media naranja and falling in love así de bonito.


Think about it, don't you remember way back when it was all about aol profiles and dare I say it, when you were in the 7th grade and would aim your friends as soon as you got out of school and your homework was done (because your mom would not let you go online if you didn't ;-), you would go on your friends profiles and jump to other ones from that. Profiles in which people put up their flag of origin to leave no room for doubt of their ethnicity and pride. This would be followed by a description of themselves and automatically your teenage self would just swoon to the stories you were building in your head. Oh and somehow this person would know a friend of a friend of yours and you would find out that the guy is super cute and you would be super interested only to find out that your shyness would let you go no further than a possible smiley in an instant message you told your friend to send.


Then we arrive at the present where there are other forms of looking up different interests without actually having to physically find them, some of which guarantee to find you someone or your money back. (or at least I think they would–––not too sure) I wonder, how does it work? What if the person after a date or two says "you know what I don't like you (and you he barely knows you) and I want my money back!" What happens? Does the person get the money back from the company? Can the date bill be turned in for a full refund? lol


These are just thoughts really, but seriously what does it take for me to go on a date?

-B.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ;-)