Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sabores

Crème brulée, what I like to call the French version of a nice homemade flan.

Straight from Gaul now known as Le France this creamy custard is just as that oven

dessert I like to bake in baño de agua María. With eggs, evaporated milk and thick condensada,

the result of the two is a gentle custard meant to be

enjoyed slowly;

like a nice scotch taken neat as to aprovechar each note of that cane specially fermented.

With that all to familiar taste of amargenta azucar quemada, I cannot help but go in for more.

It's a nice thing for my senses to appreciate the sabor of so many thoughts.

Like the time that sugar got a little too burnt but glazed the flan just the same, the one that I find to still hold as my favorite.

Or the little personal ones I bought at the bodega in a little tin cup where the top was the best part of lightly soft custard

with a brown color like that of the sugary syrup at the bottom.

My crème brulées more delicate in texture have the same fun to spoon off the top revealing a lightly golden custard

where the almibar also dances waiting for the first piece.

Yes these two are mere twins simply served with different styles.

My flan in a triangular slice for each where the le crème bulée çe plus personal

classically set in a small white bowl molded those papita ruffles for décor.


Pero igual, ambos me encantan.















Crème Brulée–Google Images

Flan–Tumblr Image


-B.

9 comments:

  1. woww k pinta mas rica tieneee ese postre!!

    mil gracias por comentar en mi blog!! me alegra k te gustara el bolsito con mensaje! sii, hay mas modelos, (segun el color tienen un mensaje diferente)

    un beso grande!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks yummy !
    thanks for the blog birthday wish :)
    GLISTERSandBLISTERS

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just made me drool. I love flans! I love anything sweet and creamy. Sigh....

    Lots of love,

    ReplyDelete
  4. mil gracias por comentar wapisima! me alegra k te gustara el look marinero!

    volvere pronto por tu blog, ya sabes k me encantan las recetas jja

    un besiño desde http://sweetstyleblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE creme brulee! I could totally go for a plate of that right now.

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. hola wapisima! gracias por comentar en mi blog!

    pull and bear tiene cosas monisimas verdad? hace tiempo k no me paso, pero al ver las fotos de la nueva campaña creo k ire a echar un vistazo!

    muchos besitos desde
    besines desde http://www.sweetstyleblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ;-)