Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Here

In this chapel we were friends 

we heard our thoughts go around silently 

we made each other laugh 

with my voice the opera was home

with your voice the giggles were here

our eyes twinkled and we knew it was funny 

our thoughts were the same 

we held hands and prayed

you were my friend and I am still yours

I miss you sometimes 

I miss you today 

my bestfriend from one day 

from one day to a life time our lives became intertwined 

your mother

she knew mine 

before I knew you 

My mother

she knew you 

before you were you 

what happened?

will we ever go back?

to sit in those pews where we prayed for our sins 

where a pecado wasn't fish 

and a song is still glory 

where my friend was you 


so many a retreat and you made it far

you got closer to Him 

you got closer to them (your OLR & MLR friends)

M. did say OLR MLR I care who you are

lols 

for jokes that we only know 


in these halls 

in these halls we spent our years

from babies to ladies

our feet sped on the way to Spanish

buenos días señoritas said Mrs. S

buenos días señora 

presente señora

do you even remember the «Amigo» song and how after too many «ma-ma-mas» I just hit my head

it was kind of funny

you laughed

I laughed

now I go back to these halls and think not of an infraction but of how we have changed

what if it were all the same 

what if we were still the same?


sometimes wondering

-B.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ;-)