Tuesday, December 8, 2009

You & Me

I loved you and you loved me

It was always us three

Then somehow things changed and to the three were added three

To those were added four and then too many more

It made us see that somehow we just couldn't be

As hard as it was, afterwards I was able to breathe

I was able to see that maybe it wasn't for me


The hands of time wiggled their fingers and here we are today

We each went our own way and somehow found each other to simply say "hey"

Well "hey" is really all I can say

I do not begrudge or want to judge you and it's not that I found someone new

Or perhaps I did, and that person is myself

Somehow I found my health one which has come with much stealth


I see things differently now

I see things clearly now

Sometimes we can love and love

But sometimes it's better to do it from afar

To spare us the fear that later brings tears

So I must tell you now that after so much, it's best to not retouch


The band-aid is gone, but the scar is still there

It's a reminder of what went where

It's telling me ‹don't go there›


It's simple, just be

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ;-)