Thursday, January 28, 2010

What is it to be Dominican @ work?

It means that the music should blast

tostones should fry to salami & eggs,

(but in reality they're called fritos

because only the Chinos from take out call 'em tostones)


El ambiente at work is very chill & relax,

lleno de relajos y a real good time

Charlas about the novela and who did what…

A competencia silenciosa is felt

it's all about whose kid is smarter

and which daughter has a better boyfriend


Yea…después llegan las 12 & you know

it's time to take a break

Gimme my arroz con carne with the habichuelas on the side

it's just the salsa that I like

"eso también se come"

my abuela would tell me,

but this picky Americana didn't want that


La comida was good & now I need a nap

A hechar una pavita and then later work

Son las 1 & until 2 it's siesta time

pull down those shades que eh a roncar


I get back to work

it's fun

till tomorrow

we'll do it all again


-B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ;-)