Monday, September 21, 2009

Retail Joy

There is joy in retail. Ha ha ha, well that is funny. Is there really? 

I mean, I guess it is fun. It really does have it's moments in which you are glad to be part of a sales team. For example, when you get your discount and get to use coupons on top of that–it makes you feel good when you shop.  

Then again, there are those days when you're trying to make your numbers and some people just aren't being too helpful. It is your duty to talk to the customers and make sure that you offer them the best things out there but sometimes they just refuse. You approach them to make a good offer and hear "sorry, but I'm in a rush…I don't have time right now"–um ok, but then what are you doing wasting your time here & walking extremely slow like your contemplating what to do next? That's my question. 

One day I had this lady that tell me she had to be somewhere and was already late. Well what does that have to do with me? She's the one that waited to the last minute and made a stop to shop. 

Oh, and I love it when I'm told "I'm just browsing" (because I do that too) but then someone told me "I don't have any money", then what are you doing shopping? Take yourself someplace where the sales people are not going to harass you is all I'm saying. 

Luego you have one customer that is so very kind and gives you a moment of their time to receive all those awesome sales…and wonders how come no other person told them about them before, well I think it's because of previous experiences of being ignored. Customers just keep on walking and shake their heads "no" or pretend that they cannot hear the associate speaking to them. 

(If your laughing it's because you know this is true and have done this also.)

Just be nice when you shop, because when you're done you get to go home but the sales associate has to stay there with other people who don't want to be there and perhaps get ignored by oh so many customers who don't want them to do their job and then get mad when they don't. 

It really isn't easy, but someone has to do it.


Shop wise & be kind. 

-B


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ;-)