Monday, April 20, 2020

Date Again

I went speed dating when people are supposed to be keeping 13ft apart but really just satay 6 feet apart 
But there really wasn’t any issue keeping distance because it was all done online 
Yep-the screen opened up and it looked like the The Brady Bunch after the lovely couple married and the kids came together 
Except that this was people looking to find a second date and not help Marsha recover after getting hit in the face with a football

I didn’t tell anyone I was going, I just disappeared to my room after dinner…
When I got to the screen, I was about 20 minutes late and met up with a nice young man that was dressed in a red shirt and tie 
I was wearing my everyday grey t-shirt, braids pulled back and not even a smear of lipgloss
Made me feel like I should have made a slight effort
Perhaps put on some eyeliner, mascara for more drama and red lipstick to make a statement 

I didn’t though, I didn’t even bother to show off the curls and have a little va before the vavavoom 
One girl did and her curls were so hydrated you could almost see droplets of coconut oil
However she seemed very disinterested, so much so that I believe she just left the chat without saying a word 
Granted I was wondering how much longer but I didn’t just leave 
I thought it would be rude and since I was already there I should definitely give it a try 

And try I did for a few minutes with a few gentlemen 
The nice thing about meeting virtually is that you don’t have to worry about anyone with hot breath coming too close or trying a little too hard to take you out when all you want to do is put up the peace sign and take a few steps back 

This time the conversation hovered more over the things we’re all doing while staying home and what’s missed most about being outside 
One guy told me he felt he took liberty for granted before now in an apartment for a few weeks he missed being able to walk outside and just be 
A lot of things have come into perspective now that perhaps we tried to avoid before 
One of which I think can be why have we waited to do what really makes us happy?
Why haven’t we bloomed where we have been planted instead of waiting for some cataclysmic moment to kick start our lives and happiness 

There really is no time like the present and no excuse as to why we aren’t doing what we love 
Just a little effort sprinkled with love goes a long way 

One guy works as a carpenter and he told me that he really didn’t care to have a visual conversation but preferred talking over the phone just as was the custom until the dinosaurs went away in the late 1990s and the early 2000s took over with texting 

Oh and while we were all back at the same home screen my dogs barked and everyone wanted to see, but geez I hadn’t even put on lipgloss which simply translates into a no because I didn’t even organize my room 
And I was not about to flip the camera and have other people see the clothes that have yet to be folded 

So the next guy asked me about my dogs and found them to be cute and wished he could have one too but with work and all…but I’m thinking tell your job that people are happier with their fur friends 
I was a temp at a dog friendly building and it was the best thing in the world to see dogs left and right 
Instead of taking cigarette breaks people took necessary take my dog out breaks and everyone was happy 

But that’s just me thinking that happiness should be a priority before all else can really flow 
Then I met a lawyer that I wanted to keep on talking to but before I could send him a private message he signed off and alas I am not Cinderella at the ball 
Without a match, an email or a number 
Bound for another round of speed dating while I don’t do my hair… 


Bionica 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ;-)