Thursday, May 21, 2020

Love and a Friend

Love and a friend 
The only thing I’m sure of is that I lost a friend 
How exactly? I cannot say 
But what I can say is that I didn’t want to believe what I read 
I didn’t want to admit the first thought that came to my mind 
But I cannot mention it until I know for sure 

I haven’t told anyone else yet 
But I cried when I found out and I felt slightly surprised at my fragility and vulnerability 
I always try to be logical and understand that when a soul leaves the body it’s because it did everything it was meant to do 
Yet it doesn’t seem to be making things any easier 
So many emotions flowing through like a waterfall, crashing down so hard to shake me and make me think of how the sudden splash of water goes everywhere touching everyone around it 

And I thought of his mom and how he wanted to see her for mother’s day but couldn’t because of the pandemic 
He wanted to do something special for her and felt bad for not being able to see her 
But all around the world, it seems that hugs have gone down a little just for safety 
But perhaps for him, it would have been something to keep him safe 

My heart aches for the woman that I saw years ago before I lost my abuela 
A dutiful nurse that has dedicated her life to make sure people get better
Now I’m wondering who is helping her get better
My heart aches for this woman who has lost her son at a time when for safety reasons, grieving must be done alone 
A pandemic is keeping her family apart when they need to be together the most 

I’m not sure if I’ll ever know what really happened 
But just thinking about it makes my heart ache for the person that was 
For the person that most of all deserved an extra sprinkle of love 
Because as humans we enter the lives of our fellow man sometimes to give and at other times to receive love 
Love the main ingredient that we are to give and take 

And I feel guilty because perhaps I should have given a little more love 
At times I held back keeping to myself, feeling overwhelmed by the space that needed to be filled 
And I’m asking myself if maybe I could have done something to make things better
I feel at fault for not giving enough and selfishly holding back 
Instead of putting myself first I should have thought of the love that could have healed 

Now, love it what I need to take… 
Bionica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ;-)