Tuesday, June 2, 2020

What I wanted...

I wanted to text you 
To see if it was really true 
That you really left, with out saying goodbye 
Like a hotel guest that simply drops the key on the bed before walking towards the door 
Rolling a suitcase towards the elevator and walking out the back door 

But I didn’t text you 
Because I knew you wouldn’t reply 
And if you had it would have been weird after you were supposedly gone 

But I wanted to think that I was special 
That our conversations meant something 
I expected to get a message from someone letting me know 
That our weekly FaceTime conversations would no longer be 
That the friend that made 6th grade so memorable is now a in a better place 

I wanted to know that us having met again after so many years was real and not an illusion 
But it was real and I have the time stamped messages to prove it 
I have the voice note to hear you so that I can replay your voice out loud and not just in my head 
So that someone else can know that it was real 
My becoming friends again with someone from elementary school much after high school and college
Because life’s meetings aren’t always by chance 

We are meant to meet 
We are meant to make friends 
We are meant to simply be the best that we possible can 
We are meant to share glorious moments that will always be remembered… 


Bionica 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ;-)