Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Oh my Sock!

 Dear Sock Thief,

Who are you and why do you take my socks?

Seriously, I would like to know why

I thought that I made it a little challenging for you 

By washing them daily by hand

Staying away from the possibility that a sock or two could get swallowed by a mysterious black hole in the washing machine

Or that the dryer could spin it to shreds leaving only fibers of what once was an odd shaped foot warmer 


But no, it just so happens that after hanging my socks to dry and leaving them for days in the bathroom 

For a day when I remember to use them 

That they’re GONE!!!!

JUST GONE!!!


Where do you take them?

What is the point of holding them hostage?

Will they ever grace the heel of my feet again in an effort to keep my feet warm all year long?

Sock thief what do you do with them and why?


Do you have a secret society where people use them to stuff lumpy pillows that were once fluffy?

Or do you take them to dogs that need a play thing to keep from chewing on a shoe or the edge of a table?

Or maybe you save them as a scratch post for adventurous cats that want to play with something elastic that has the power to stretch and become small again, almost like a slinky 


Sock thief-will you ever tell me?

Will you ever stop borrowing with out returning?

Not just for me but for the many people that stay on watch hoping to keep their matching socks together 


I’ll be here, looking out for you and your swift little feet… 


Bionica


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ;-)