Thursday, July 16, 2020

Bearing it All

Sometimes when I write I feel like I’m baring it all for everyone to see
When you’re physically naked it’s like ok well that’s what it is 
But when it’s all emotional–there is just something else there 
Can swirl the butterflies a bit-yes it could be that I just made that up 

But here’s to swirling the butterflies and being a little naked 
Unzipping the jacket that covers the heart… 

Directed to a certain someone that shall remain nameless–

It’s something that I may not admit to you ever 
But maybe I did just fall in love with you after it was all over 
See I felt so many things at once 
It was a wave of emotions and something new that I couldn’t quite process yet
In my mind I had to wait 
I had to have more physical experiences with you 
Not just messages and FaceTime calls 

And when I was with you I felt loved 
Thinking about it now it was almost like a rom-com and we were the main characters 
The two that people are always rooting for because it seems so right 

But though it did 
My mind worked over time and just questioned things 
Asking myself ‘can this really be?’
Perhaps it could have 
It really could have 
But at a slower pace 
To really see how things could be 

But then life happened and the messages became less and less 
To the point that what I sent wasn’t lost in space, just left unanswered 
And I would have completely understood if you would have told me that you met someone 
I would have sent you well wishes because you’re great and you deserve it 

But you didn’t say anything 
And I respected and still do respect your silence 
With admiration for the relationship you have now 
Because I really do want you to be happy 
I feel that I could tell you I love you looking you straight in the eyes 
Not because I want you to overthink your relationship or push me away completely 
But because I genuinely want you to love 
To have that beautiful relationship that sprouts when two people meet and work together 
To make things better, learn from each other and continue growing every day in love and so many other good things 

However I won’t say that to you 
I won’t say anything at all 
I’ll let my words stay on a page 
Maybe say them one day, imagining that they reach your ears 
And that you know that I want you to be happy 
Feeling the love vibes that I’m sending you 
Knowing that its a different friendship between me and you…


Bionica 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ;-)