Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Just Wear It

So the new norm is that you have to wear a mask pretty much everywhere you go 
But although it’s something that has been happening for the past 3 months
I still can’t get used to it 
Having my face covered as I breathe in my own hot breath while picking up bread and cereal at Shoprite isn’t all that fun 
But I do it, because the CDC is as moody as ever and is forever changing their mind
One day you hear the virus lasts days on surfaces and a few weeks later they it doesn’t 
Who does all that and why?

It’s annoying and I’m over it 
But not to the point that I’m going to go out to the supermarket without my mask 
See the way I see it, it’s somehow better to be safe and prevent 
The one thing that I can be sure of is that my mask keeps foreign germs at bay 
And for the girl that has bus pants to go to Shoprite a la Dr. Sheldon B Cooper 
Well it’s a thing I’m going to do just to be extra careful 

And I completely understand that the body needs fresh air to thrive
I mean come on, trees are the lungs of the planet 
But for the moments that I’m inside I’ll wear the mask 
I think about how doctors wear them for surgeries that are hours long 
And I tip my hat to them 
It’s quite a feat 

But for the people that complain about having to wear the mask 
Well, if necessity is the mother of invention then why aren’t they inventing something good like more outdoor spaces with amazing air quality so people can shop outside, to keep enough of a distance that if they want they can forgo wearing a mask if they wish to do so safely 

I’m over hearing complaints with no attempts to a solution 
Get it together people 

Oh and am I the only weirdo that smiles under her mask while wearing dark sunglasses thinking that people can see me while trying to be friendly 
Happens all the time
Ah to be me…


Bionica 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ;-)